Thread: Auction Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 09:02 AM

At this point, post-covid, they offered to pay for HALF the restoration fee of $700. This seems minimal and unfair. Thoughts as to what I should do about this? I really want this to be resolved fairly and NOT have to pay another $350 to get the item I bought on auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballparks View Post
So, the update is that I had a very fair and reasonable conversation with the head of the auction house. He is going to get the ticket restored professionally and then we will determine within reason what the actual decreased 'value' is of the ticket after that. Looking at all previous sales and the lot, this is certainly the lesser of the two items to start with, but not lesser enough with the tear that I want to give it up. I would value it at $2000 of the $4848 with BP that I paid if the lot would be percentaged off? I have only seen a total of 19 of the Game 2 tickets either sell or for sale over the past 15 years and even with a restored ticket, tiny puncture and small crease, it's in the upper 25% of those.

He seemed very dedicated to making it right, and I agreed to a restoration. Regardless, this bit of history needs to be properly preserved.

Thanks to everyone for your input as I have never been in this situation before. Hopefully when all is said and done, the amount of post-restoration compensation will be easy to agree upon. If you ever see this ticket for sale, it either means that I got a replacement one (likely only if part of a bigger lot), I have gone broke (that would be awful) or I'm dead!!! My eventual goal is a 'full' set of WS tickets and that is a lifelong project. Cheers.