View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 02:31 PM

I believe as it stands, my fractional ownership of this W516 card is 1.2%. So in my book, possession is 1.2% of the law. Actually this will be free to the other owner, who likely only currently owns approximately 83% of a full sized card, mostly due to its missing bottom right section.

I considered having my tiny chunk restored, but the place that looked at it mentioned they would only be able to restore the whole card as if it only had a red background, with no image of the Babe present. I thought it not wise to proceed.

And the one company I inquired about grading it said they couldn't slab my chunk as 'Authentic', but instead could print the crossbar of an 'A' on the label to accurately reflect the corner's puniness in relation to the card's original size. I figured that a '-' on the label might hurt its value, with some in the collecting community likely construing the "-" as indicating that the card is a 'minus', so currently my corner chunk remains peacefully at rest and able to breathe under its own power.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 10-10-2022 at 02:33 PM.