View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 05:44 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

The sheets that included W516 Baseball cards were not exclusive to baseball subjects. We know this because of miscut cards from the baseball and non-baseball sets.

Below I have attached an image of a baseball subject showing a US Presidents W563 set printed above it. Also attached is an image of a W563 showing part of the Jack Dempsey from the W529 Boxers set. The fact that both the W563 and W529 sets also have been found with the Universal "(type of set)" Matching Cards writing at the tops of them tells us that the phrase was indeed found throughout the sheet and not only on the top row.

So it is completely within reason that baseball subjects from each 10 card strip might be found with or without the Universal caption at the top of the cards depending on where they were printed on an individual sheet. I don't believe series 1-10 of W516 were exclusive to the top row of the sheet. Therefore, I don't believe they are a different type based on whether they have the caption or don't have it.

I've also included another example from my collection of Fred Fulton W529 that is very miscut showing not only the Universal caption at the top and the bottom of another Fred Fulton W529 above that.

Note that the only other card that I own that is shown is the Woodrow Wilson with the sliver of Jack Dempsey at the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1921HardingBurns.jpg (11.9 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg W529-Wilson-Dempsey.jpg (54.3 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg w529 Fred Fulton.jpg (46.5 KB, 294 views)

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here