View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 07:22 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
As a buyer, I hear you 100%. As a seller, i cant say i blame other sellers for not assigning a grade. I stopped assigning grades when i was ripped off several years ago selling a group of a couple hundred exmt commons, and graded them as such. Got an email from the buyer claiming they were vg at best, then he sent me vg commons back and of course ebay gave him a refund. I imagine had i not assigned a grade and just said “see photos” it would have given him another hurdle....idk. Point being, i see the risk and don’t judge those not willing to take it.
I get it. In the modern hobby, precision with grading raw cards leads to nit-picking like this, unfortunately. I'm still going to give grades and detail on things I sell personally, because I think it's the right thing to do. For a lot, I guess you just have to put out disclaimers along the lines "some better, some worse". If you don't want to deal with someone getting picky - then be sure to highlight if you have a no-return policy. Though if a buyer decides to dig in and challenge it, eBay has a history of siding with them. It's a risk you take.

Last edited by jchcollins; 06-24-2020 at 07:37 AM.