View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 05:34 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
...on...

As a native Long Islander, I'm curious as to why you don't stay on the Island. I grew up in Wantagh in the 80s, moved to Queens for 20 years and then moved back to raise my family here in 2014. My wife hates it and I regret not moving to Merrick, Bellmore, Wantagh, Seaford or Massapequa. I reside in a sort of "wannabe" mobster town in western Nassau.

The Garden City Hotel has a long history of discrimination. 47 years old, I've never been inside. But if you don't stay there, where are you going to go? The Long Island Marriott?

Fun thread. Only set lists I have are of recent vintage from shows at Brooklyn Steel (best music venue to hit NYC in years).
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I first saw Van Halen in 1978 when they opened up for Black Sabbath at MSG. I was staying in a hotel in Long Island in 1995
...on...
Whats wrong with staying in Garden City??
Well for one whenever I am in Long Island I tend to meet one or two Stuffy folks among the thousands of cool people. And it is 100% worth the effort to stay in Manhatten and comute.
I am from jersey and that's the way we say it. When I am in cape cod I am in cape cod (not on the cape)