Thread: Reprint or Real
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Default Reprint or Real

Posted By: Darren J. Duet

I will post scans of the card this evening.

I know most sellers will not refund prior to receiving a return. I have learned a great lesson dealing with reprints/counterfeits sold as authentic and the people who sell them(knowingly or not).

If I receive a card that the seller claimed to be authentic and upon my inspection, I decide it is a fake, I will hold that card until I'm certain I'll be compensated for it or I'm convinced that the seller is honest. Why should I trust someone who sells a fake as authentic to send my refund once he receives the card? Furthermore, what is to stop him from doing the same to someone else with that same card?

I agree that the card appeared authentic in the scan for the Ebay listing, that is why I bid on it. I'd be pleased with the transaction if the card were authentic.

In higher dollar items there is no way anyone should return a suspected fraudulent item without objective assurance compensation is made. This may not be popular with many of you, but as quality sellers I'd expect that you don't experience this problem often.