View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Steve Birmingham

The single season doubles leader may have done just that, held up on sure triples, and made a few outs trying for more doubles, although there's some doubt about that being true.

Certainly not MLB level, but I have played some sports........

Aside from a couple years of LL baseball where I did nearly nothing - Three seasons of modified pitch and one of co-ed slow pitch.

I don't have huge power and run like.......lets just say there's people on wheels that are faster.

In all of that I have a total of 2 extra base hits. Both triples!

Each would have been a HR if hit on a different field. First was the one ball I've ever REALLY hit hard. Maybe 300? maybe not but for sure past the fence on any of the fenced fields we used. No outfield wall, and all I could manage was a triple.....

Second was hard, but on a line and made it all the way to the fence at about 250 or so. Hard enough to bounce back past the outfielders. Somehow got a triple but not enough speed to make it a HR.

Would I have liked a couple home runs instead? sure! But I'm pretty happy with the triples.
I'm happier with the couple singles + extra base due to poor defense (Yes, if you're just tossing it back in the really slow guy just might take second )

Steve B