View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 04:17 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Update on the Howe McCormick collection

Several months ago, Scott Gross (MyBuddyInc) brought it to my attention that I haven’t posted any additions to the rebuilt collection for quite some time. Looking back, found it had been since February 2019 when Greg Morris gifted six cards to the collection that I posted anything.

First off, I’m still rebuilding the collection. There was recently a card listed on eBay that said it was part of the Howe McCormick collection. I received several messages asking if I was selling off the collection, while I was actually bidding on that card to add to the rebuild. Yes, the collection continues and in no particular order since February 2019 ...

Right after the Greg Morris cards were on eBay, I heard from a board member that he had won the Camnitz, one of the three cards I didn’t win. He hadn’t realized it was the stamp I had been collecting, and sent the card to join the others. Although he wishes to remain anonymous, thanks to him for the addition.

The Schlei came from eBay. The Bergen had been a part of board member John Scott’s Superbra collection for more than 30 years, but he decided it belonged in my collection now and sent it to me. Thanks again, John.

A member of the Tobacco Row Facebook page (Jay Kaplan) contacted me as he had 11 cards (Barger, Butler, Jimmy Collins, Dooin, Flick, Grimshaw, Joss, Krause, McIntyre, Schaefer and Wagner) and we were able to make arrangements to get those back in the collection.

A Leland’s auction had a lot that included the Hindu-backed Jordan and Smith. Thanks to my bidding partner, we were able to win that lot and add these two Southern Leaguers.

Last edited by Howe’s Hunter; 05-20-2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Correcting image size