View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 03:06 AM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Many guys here are "down" on the current grading companies, and rightfully so.

But, I think this idea COULD have some merit. Well, if they were to start inspecting for alterations at least....that would be one way. (Plus I have seen a number of "purple sticker" cards on Ebay from time to time)

If this was a service that could be tailored to very "cost efficiently look for alterations", as well as their current "this card stands out as excellent for the grade" opinions/offerings, then it could be a great thing for the hobby.

But, one would think that "Purple Label" could only be but so good at spotting alterations.
Like has been noted time and time again in these threads, most of the card doctors can pass some work (cards) through the bigger grading companies, so I don't know if this could ever be a good idea, or one that Purple Label would even want to attempt or risk their reputation on.

Regardless, I look at this as a "Purple Label indicator" opinion of "card's eye appeal exceeds the grade".
This isn't necessarily a bad thing..... even though I'm sure many of you will argue its not really actually needed.

Again, if their mission could be expanded to help spot alterations and doctoring, this could be a great idea.
But from what I am seeing, I don't think thats the case , and they seem to be generally looking towards the eye appeal of cards in general.

Although I'm sure this may not be a popular idea here, I think its intriguing.
I can envision scouring Ebay or (pick your choice of card outlets) looking over for cards that are in a certain grade range, with the added benefit of the Purple Label.

I can certainly see this as a possible good thing,if done well....... contrast that to the "High End, and Premium Quality stickers" found on some PWCC items that aren't exactly put there by an impartial source.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 07-11-2019 at 03:08 AM.