View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 04:26 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
LOL.........hard to say.......Things are backed up pretty bad right now....bad enough they shut down future business.
Bobby, have you contacted your PSA rep about the elimination of qualifiers in the 'Swinging 60's' sub, and if that decision could be reversed since we submitted under the old rules? It was such a BS move on their part, because it screws over those of us who were fully expecting/hoping for high grades with an OC qualifier pointing out the obvious problems in centering. Now, said centering is going to lower the grade on the label without any explanation, so a card that would've been a PSA 7 OC, for example, is now going to be a straight 5...so anyone looking at it now would think its corners, focus, eye appeal, etc., make it ONLY a PSA 5, PLUS it is off-center, which makes the grade in a person's mind even lower. There is no separation. Ultimately, the card would now seem like a PSA 3 (PSA 5 minus two grades for bad centering) to a normal buyer!!!!!! The addition of the OC has always eliminated all of that. A PSA 7 OC card has all of the other characteristics of a 7, but it is off-centered. No guesswork required. In the scenario I just outlined, a PSA 7 OC card would lose 4 grades (down to a perceived straight PSA 3) for no reason whatsoever...and when we submitted this order, those were NOT the rules we agreed to.

(And please, no one come on here to argue about what I am saying. It doesn't matter if you prefer to have a straight grade that encompasses centering or if you believe it's the right move for PSA to make, that NOT the issue. The issue is we submitted under certain rules, and they changed them. That is not acceptable.)

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.