View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 10:45 PM

Neat info about Bender and Livingstone. I didn't consider the T208 set because it is a fairly rare beast and only features members of the A's (nothing against the team, I swear). And although quite a bit more common than the T208 set, I decided against the T204 because of the differences in size and shape versus T205/T206/T207.

By the way, nice Wheats!

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
My favorite triple crown is Quinn (already posted), because of his appearance in 1933 Goudey as an active major league player (unlike the Collins, Speaker and Lajoie). He's the only T205/6/7 run I've built intentionally and specifically.

Another cool one is Chief Bender, though I don't have his, because it can extend both ways. Bender appears also in T204 and t208, the only subject to appear in 5 consecutive T card sets by the ACC numbers, I believe. I'd build his run if a T208 wasn't so expensive.

Paddy Livingston, a sentimantal favorite as his T205 was my first T card of any kind, also appeared in T208 to expand his run to 4 in a row. Numerous players in T204 extend to 4 as well.

Jack O'Brien, Jack Goodman, Leach Cross and Young Corbett hold the non-baseball consecutive T card set record at 3 (T218/T219/T220), going off memory. I don't believe any non-sport subject appears in 3 in a row T sets.