View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 07:56 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
Looking at these lot #'s, they appear to still be active.

Who were your emails from claiming that these had been withdrawn?
Here's the email I received from Heritage today re the withdrawal of Lot #80217:

"Greetings from Heritage Auctions.

A lot you have been tracking, lot # 80217, previously described as: "1915 Cracker Jack Walter Johnson #57 SGC Mint 9 – Pop Three, None Higher! For over half a century, Walter Johnson endured a lonely existence as the sole inhabitant of the 3,000 Strikeout Clubhouse until Cardinals ace Bob Gibson became his first roommate in 1974. Though Gibson may have matched Johnson's famous velocity, the Big Train was a singular rarity in the dawning decades of the twentieth century, striking fear into the hearts of even the most accomplished and unflappable batsmen of the day. "The first time I faced him, I watched him take that easy windup," the legendary Ty Cobb recounted. "And then something went past me that made me flinch. The thing just hissed with danger. We couldn't tough him. Every one of us knew we'd met the most powerful arm ever turned loose in a ball park." Three decades after that memorable first encounter, Cobb and Johnson would join Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner and Christy Mathewson as the very first inductees of the Baseball Hall of Fame. The offered trading finds itself in even more exclusive company, one of just three 1915 Cracker Jacks to find Johnson sheltered beneath a Mint 9 slab, with none superior. A condition report allows us to do nothing more than hurl superlatives, as the card passes its centennial looking better than most of the cards did upon their original birth from Cracker Jack packages in 1915 when sticky caramel was a common danger. The presented representation is indistinguishable from its state of condition upon original printing, clean and sharp-cornered, and even free of the centering problems endemic to the issue. The Big Train has never looked better. Graded SGC Mint 9." in the 2021 May 6 - 8 Spring Sports Catalog Auction - Dallas, #50041 has been withdrawn from the auction and is no longer available for tracking.

Thanks for your understanding.
If you have questions regarding this lot, please email Bid@HA.com."
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.