View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show-n-Tell which Tobacco cards you have are your favorites, post as many as you like

My next favorite T206 portrait card (2nd to Chase) is the Walter Johnson. I have several WJ portrait cards, but this one has an interesting story.
Most of you who know me, know I am not a fan of graded cards. Circa 2004, I decided to get it graded, since it appeared to be one of my nicest
T206 cards.
At the Philly Show, PSA was grading cards. So, I submitted this WJ to them. They returned it to me with an "evidence of trimming"" note. I was
furious, and PSA's manager told me...."that's your opinion ! Our professional opinion is, it is trimmed !"
SGC was situated at the far end of the Fort Washington showroom. I brought this WJ card to SGC. They graded it a "40". And pointed out to me
that there was a very faint trace of glue on its back. Which viewed under magnification was evident. This experience taught me to trust SGC.

The AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 back is my favorite T-brand. Circa 2005, I started my run of these T206's (74 cards). This back is under-rated in my opinion.
It's been a long work in progress. Eight years ago, though, my major acquisition was this Cobb. Thanks to Jay Miller (old judge). He contacted me, since
he was breaking up his run of Cobb (bat off shoulder) cards. Several years before, I helped Jay get started on this run. I now have 73 (of the 74) AB 460
cards. Still searching for one.

Hey guys....let's continue "Talkin' BB" cards and posting more BB cards.

TED Z

T206 Reference