View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 06:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show-n-Tell which Tobacco cards you have are your favorites, post as many as you like

Too much consternation over "plastics" going on here lately on this forum. And, not enough said regarding the "cardboard" gems
we love so much. Therefore, let's bring back some joy here by "Talkin' BB" cards again. Show us your favorites and tell us a story
about them. I will start with these 9 gems of mine. Feel free to post as many of your favorite Tobacco cards as you would like.

The GOODWIN CHAMPIONS (N162) set is my favorite set. It is Sports Lithography at it's best.
All together I have completed 3 of these sets in the process of upgrading my original 50- card
set (which I started in 1989).
King Kelly is my favorite card, followed by Anson. The GOODWIN CHAMPIONS Album is absolutely my all-time favorite.

----

Here's my 1st T206 card (acquired at Willow Grove in 1981). This image of Chase really appeals
to me. I remember as a kid reading that Babe Ruth said Chase was the best 1st Baseman in BB.

My ole buddy (and co-author) Ralph Triplette found this rare BROAD LEAF Chase in a hobby shop
in his hometown in the the Smokey Mtn. region of N.C. I said it is "rare", because when we did a
trade for it, it was the only one known (circa 1994).

. .

Here's another extremely tough to find Chase card. There is only one 1910 COUPON card of Chase
listed in the PSA pop report (and I think it is this card). Perhaps our resident 1910 COUPON "King"
Rob McKenzie will chime in on this.

. .

In 1996, I acquired a bunch of T213-1 cards. Sold most of them at the Philly Show. Of course I kept this Chase,
for it certainly was he nicest card in the lot.

. .

More recently, I won this "toughie" from a Heritage Auction in 2016. I only need his CAROLINA BRIGHTS and CYCLE 460
cards to complete this Chase run.

. .

This McGraw was printed in the 460-only Series. It is one of 12 subjects in this Series which I refer to as the Exclusive 12.
To find these cards with a UZIT back is virtually impossible. To date, only 5 of these 12 subjects have been confirmed with
UZIT. My McGraw is one of a kind....it is unique.

. .

And, last but not least.....

Eddie Plank finally completes my SWEET CAPORAL, Factory #30 T206 set (468 cards).

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 05-23-2021 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.