View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:27 PM

Default Zulueta "Bicicleta"

Richard, can you send me a picture and ask me who is it? I will tell you that the one that appears in the photo is the great Zulueta known as "Bicycle". He was one of the most important characters in a baseball game. In case you don't know, I will inform you that Zulueta was in charge of collecting the balls that were hit "foul" Richard up to here, what I mentioned is a nice note towards the bicycle, now the reality, Zulueta was a character from the La Tropical stadium He was the one who collected the foul balls, but due to his fatness he ran behind the balls and the public who attended to see the games made fun and laughed when they saw him run, I knew him personally and on one occasion we greeted each other , his specialty was chasing the balls when they hit the net behind the plate, then he waited for them, and all the public attending the game looked at him, if he dropped the ball they would all yell at him and whistle at him, if he caught the ball then they applauded him , every 10 foul, 9 fell, Zulueta was a show, already when he was older he got more fat and walked with a limp, but the whole public was fond of him, now you will see a photo of Zulueta in 1951-52, in that photo that is fractional as it appears in Volume 2 of my catalogs complete, you see Zulueta on the field, the one you see with a white shirt is Martin Dihigo, and Zulueta listens to him very attentively next to him is "Pajaro Cabrera", greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dihigo y Zulueta.jpg (33.6 KB, 180 views)