View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 06:24 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
So you're point is that if someone retires early/is fired early because they didn't want to get the shot, they should get a pension they didn't yet earn? If you could get a pension for retiring/getting fired before you are vested, everyone would do it. I thought you were claiming that even if you had been vested, you would lose your pension if fired for not getting the shot.

As for your idea that people could prove they had the antibodies and therefore avoid the need for the shot, I am not against this other than I think it would be very difficult to administer. Not sure insurance would cover that. It incentivizes people to not get the shot and encourages risky behavior.

Please see my rest of my post, easy to prove had covid and recovered if you can show a prior positive test. What is the risky behavior, everyone and their mother already got covid, both past presidents who had rigorous screening to prevent covid got covid. Covid and insurance? Dont need insurance to pay for covid througout the pandemic, the govt paid for it all ... and can also tax profits from the vaccine companies like they proposed to tax oil companies for making too much profit..

I agree, as to employees they shouldnt get pension if retire by their choice but if forced to take a shot that you cant sue on if you get sick seems pretty odd....and no i did not say that if you vested your pension you would lose it..my example was if you had 1 year left and you left your job, the other side cant say 'well even though you were forced out of your job, no harm done because you could find another job' my point was it wasnt an apples to apples situation because you would lose your pension rights on that job and now have to start all over...

one thing that you could say well if you get covid but didnt take the shot and you end up in the hospital and unable to work at your job after 2 weeks or so, we have a right to fire you but if you took the shot , we keep your job for you no matter how long you are in hospital and/or we have insurance to cover that. I would imagine people that had covid before would be ok with that since they have a type of immunity to covid..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-28-2022 at 07:34 AM.