View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 04:38 PM

Thanks Mark (dealme), my fellow Hoosier, and BobbyVCP. Great posts and very supportive of those of us really hurting over the passing of the great Tommy Lasorda. --- Brian Powell

My tiny, tiny little memory is when the Dodgers played the first game of the '88 World Series. One of my parishioners was a lonely old lady who liked baseball. I went to see her and she invited me to watch the World Series. I stayed 'til the last out, though many of you know there wasn't a last out, but Kirk Gibson's walk off the field home run! They had one of the cameras on Tommy Lasorda to watch his reaction-----he threw up his arms and began whooping it up and and ran with the rest of his boys to congratulate the virtually lame Kirk Gibson. I guess I just remember his massive enthusiasm for what was obviously a magical Dodger moment.

No baseball man had a larger "Joie de vivre" than Tommy Lasorda. "Joie de vivre" is a French phrase pronounced "ZHWAH DE VEEV" and expresses a cheerful enjoyment of life and an exultation of spirit---from Wikipedia encyclopedia) than Tommy Lasorda. RIP dear sir. You're being sorely missed already!!! --- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 01-10-2021 at 04:41 PM.