View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE..Group of 36 subjects (350 Series) that are CB, EPDG, OM, PB NO-PRINTS

* * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have identified a group of 36 subjects in the 350-only Series which are unique in this Series in that they share a common pattern. They were NOT PRINTED with
these four popular T206 backs....CAROLINA BRIGHTS, El PRINCIPE de GALES, OLD MILL, POLAR BEAR. The majority (190 subjects) in the 350-only Series
were printed with AMERICAN BEAUTY, BROAD LEAF, CYCLE, DRUM backs. And, including the CB, EPDG, OM, and PB backs.

Although, this group of 36 subjects is printed with the A - B - C - D backs, unlike the other 350-only Series subjects, these cards will not be found with CB, EPDG,
OM, and PB backs
I find this quite interesting, in that it tells us that these 36 guys are sort of "exclusive" with respect to the other 154 subjects in the 350-only Series. Furthermore,
it suggests that these 36 subjects were printed on a sheet of their own (composed of multiples of a 12 x 3 card format)….and, this press run was very early in the
game (circa Spring of 1910). I base this on my understanding that the CAROLINA BRIGHTS and POLAR BEAR backs were not printed until the Summer of 1910.

I'm sharing this information with you guys, who get a big kick out of putting together T206 runs. So you do not have to go off on a wild-goose chase searching for
certain cards that really do not exist.

Checklist of this "exclusive" group of 36 subjects that are 350-only series No-Prints with respect to CAROLINA BRIGHTS, EPDG, OLD MILL, POLAR BEAR backs.

Arndt
Becker
Butler
Cassidy
Charles
Donovan (throwing)
Doolan (fielding)
Downs
Fletcher
Hoffman (St Louis)
Howell (portrait)
Huggins (portrait)
Huggins (hands at mouth)
Hunter
Killian (portrait)
Knabe
Lennox
Malarkey
Marquard (portrait)
Marshall

McBride
McElveen
McGinley
McIntyre (Detroit)
Mitchell (Cincinnati)
Mitchell (Toronto)
Moran (Providence)
Myers (batting)
Paskert
Phelan
Poland
Rhoades (hands at chest)
Schmidt (portrait)
Starr
Street (portrait)
Summers

Any inputs regarding this subject are really appreciated.

Note.....
In my rush to post this, I forgot to include in my original post here that the EPDG backs are also No-Prints within this group of 36.
EPDG has been included now.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 01-10-2020 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added information.