View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 07:00 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Corey, you should probably direct your authenticity questions to Ted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan;

[B
1985....[/B]Four of us trading cards in in my room at the George Washington Motor Lodge in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, prior to the 5 PM (Friday) start of the BB card Show.

Enter......Rob Lifson and Bill Mastro with the "sharpest" T206 Wagner ever seen. Furthermore, having a PIEDMONT 150 back. They were shopping it around, asking $25K
for it. The 4 of us examined it closely, then told Rob and Bill that we decided to pass on it. All four of us agreed it was trimmed. Needless to say, this Wagner card was the
talk of the Show that weekend. And the rest is history.
This collection with the Wagner card was originally on an uncut sheet which included an Eddie Plank

Having said all this..... it is my opinion that the initial Series of these T206's were definitely printed at the American Lithographic Co. (in downtown NYC).

And, that the probable explanation for the SWEET CAPORAL 350 cards of Plank.....all (or most) of which have a pale blue background).....may have been
printed elsewhere. I consider these SWEET CAP 350 Plank's to be some kind of an anomaly. The initial Plank cards are indeed 150-only Series subjects.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Greg

1..... You have to realize that back in 1985, I was one of the dealers at the Willow Grove Show to whom this card was offered to. Upon my close examination, I passed on it.
I was told that it was originally discovered on an uncut sheet in Long Island, NY. I cannot recall who told me of this that weekend in 1985. My research indicating Mr. Knapp
of ALC having a residence in that part of Long Island provided a certain amount of credibility to story.
Years later, the "source" of this Wagner card was said to be Florida. And that claim sounded plausible, since many New Yorkers are "snow birds" during the Winter.

2...... I simply asked Pat if he would elaborate on the difference between the Plank card's back with respect to the Wagner card's back).

Do you have a "problem" with this question ?

TED Z

T206 Reference