View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 08:15 AM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I think that's true normally. But they know exactly which card this is and what they graded it previously. With Nat on his kick about cards receiving the same when resubmitted, I would think there would be significant pressure to put it back in a 7.5 holder just to avoid the hobby blowback of people posting before vs after pics and revealing that PSA graders have no pants.

If they do grade it lower, it would probably be because they want to make a statement about CSG and want to make an example out of someone by pretending that CSG "damaged" the card when cracking it out. That way, they could damage their reputation and lessen the number of PSA crack outs finding their way into CSG slabs.
I know nothing about the Mantle card in question...no idea when it was originally graded by PSA and who submitted it, etc. I hear what you are saying but I would not want to buy any card, that had once resided in a PSA holder, with the expectation upon owing it that it would just walk back into the same PSA holder it had previously been in.

Nat might want to control the grades of previously submitted cards but there is also a risk they decide this time, the card is altered. Not suggesting the Mantle is. It does not appear to be messed with but it is a 52 Mantle.

Once a card is out of the PSA holder the worthless "guarantee" is long gone but so is the guarantee of the grade.