View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 05:30 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
I am so sick of hearing which grading company is the best. What makes the grading company you like any better than the rest? I have had cards graded by many, many companies. I absolutely have not found a lot of difference. Yes, I have used PSA and SGC and CSG and GMA and others along the way. You know what? All are just as competent at their job. It seems PSA is always picked as the best. Sorry to say they are no better than the rest. It is like a cult out there. Do PSA cards bring more than other graders cards? Yes and I have no clue why. Maybe because more people have cards graded by them. That doesn't make them better. Then comes the set registry. How many people really make sets today? The price of common cards has become so stupid I can't even think of putting more sets together. Then when the set is sold as a set, the buyer breaks it up to make more money. Why the hell does anyone care about sets any more when only the high dollar cards are really collectable. Which ever grading company you choose is up to you, but thinking that any one is better than the other is nonsense. Frank
Huh? Maybe I read this thread with zero reading comprehension but I do not recall anyone writing that PSA was the best or even focusing on who is best. That was not the point of the thread. Best is a personal choice. Best if you are selling? Best if you are buying? Best if you are submitting altered cards? Best appearance in the holder? Best for secured holders.

I will say two things...they are all flawed some more than others but when favors are not being done, they do not all do the same job. There are grading staffs that clearly are better and more experienced than others.