View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 01:31 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I collect prewar (almost all pre WWI). I would not buy a card in a CSG slab and I would have doubts about any card in a CSG slab just bc why would they go there vs SGC/PSA?
Perhaps because they wanted their cards back this century? CSG has been cheaper and quicker than PSA and has not messed up my orders anywhere near as often as SGC. My last SGC order had a major card misidentified and two variations not noted on the slabs. 3/12 cards wrong.

CSG is not going away, folks. it is part of a well-capitalized, established collectibles grading business. I think the time to go with CSG grading on vintage is when many are trash-talking it. The same was true of SGC when it started up. I got most of my vintage slabbed with SGC when it was relatively cheap and easy, and it was a prudent move since the prices for SGC and PSA are much closer than before. Over time, as us old farts age out and newer collectors take over, they will do so in a multiverse of TPGs that will include CSG. I also like their holders better than SGC and BVG, and they definitely do a better job than PSA with oddball or irregularly shaped cards

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-24-2022 at 01:32 PM.