View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 12:28 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
What a racket. With card prices as high as they are now the fees must be ridiculous. Just curious, IF someone had a T206 Wagner that was raw and about VG condition, how much would it cost to have it graded?
I don't know about PSA. SGC rises incrementally, charging up to $3,750 for a $100K card, and then says to add an additional $375 per $10k of value above that. So say you had a card that you value at around $500K. That would be $3,750 + $375(40) = $18,750? $1M = $37,500. The $12M Rosen Mantle 9.5 - $450K? Now, the guy that consigned it I really hope didn't pay that much to have it graded, because he didn't know what it was going to sell for. That is a unique pricing situation. When he bought it from Al Rosen, it was just in one of those thick screw-down cases.

I would have to imagine that if you have a Wagner or something of that caliber you are going to send to them, you would call and negotiate a price for the grading first. I don't know about the lower grade prewar stuff, but look at how much publicity SGC got at the National out of that Mantle.

Last edited by jchcollins; 11-22-2022 at 03:52 PM.