View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 01:08 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I would think that anyone who succeeds in making a counterfeit Plank or Wagner that passes grading would be highly motivated to do it again. That said, I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a hair stylist several years back that was talking about hair transplants. I had mentioned something about them looking bad and not wanting one for my receeding hairline, and she said, "only a bad hair transplant looks bad. You've seen good ones, you just didn't know it."
Again, I am more than happy to believe any credible evidence that Wagner and Plank are fakes, and people have been fooled. I do not care if the card is legit, or if it or another copy has passed grading and is not legit. My interest is purely one of knowledge, there is much we can learn about printing and/or distribution out of this saga if any evidence was presented. Again, I am not willing to subscribe to a belief, without any evidence presented whatsoever, because someone has heard gossip. It would be absurd and stupid to do so. If I followed that path I would believe a huge number of crazy things. That is patently unreasonable, to place gossip in front of evidence.

Let us follow actual facts, if there is any evidence at all to support these conclusions, let those facts and evidence be presented, as I keep asking. So far, we have multiple claims being made about high quality fakes and NY discoveries, and not a single shred of evidence at all for them. To follow the evidence, instead of what one hears without evidence, is not some weird standard I have made up but a foundational cornerstone of western knowledge and logic for over 2,400 years. I firmly believe we are capable of applying it.