View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 02:31 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Oh I agree, it’s a load of BS, but all of them claim to be preserving items as part of their business. They’re really there to fuel the $$$ stream and nothing else, but they lay much claim to preservation, to objective expert analysis, and more. As such, they shouldn’t be allowing any contaminants to get into slabs they’re sending out to customers at all, but I understand how dust and plastic and other non-pubic things get in there.
Agreed. The preservation argument is marketing BS as it's finest. As if any collector who has been doing this for more than five minutes can't protect their cards just as well in One Touches or toploaders or Card Savers or album pages... You kind of have to try to be rough on some of those things anymore to damage them, and certainly people who know what they are doing aren't going to. It's been common knowledge that "baseball cards are worth something" from a household / pop culture perspective for multiple generations now. I'm not really worried about "preserving" my cards when I sub to SGC. I fall prey to the trend like everyone else and want to see what that flip will say...

Last edited by jchcollins; 11-19-2022 at 02:32 PM.