View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 05:25 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
" My research indicates that the original uncut sheet that these two cards were printed on was originally discovered in Long Island, NY (Suffolk County).
Several other T206 Wagner cards have also been discovered in this part of L.I., NY ."
However, eventually, this particular sheet ended-up (or I should say "ended-down") in Florida.

Pat
Regarding this statement of yours.....
" When you look at the back information on the Plank it indicates a late addition to the set "

I don't quite get it. Please explain.
Greg

1..... You have to realize that back in 1985, I was one of the dealers at the Willow Grove Show to whom this card was offered to. Upon my close examination, I passed on it.
I was told that it was originally discovered on an uncut sheet in Long Island, NY. I cannot recall who told me of this that weekend in 1985. My research indicating Mr. Knapp
of ALC having a residence in that part of Long Island provided a certain amount of credibility to story.
Years later, the "source" of this Wagner card was said to be Florida. And that claim sounded plausible, since many New Yorkers are "snow birds" during the Winter.

2...... I simply asked Pat if he would elaborate on the difference between the Plank card's back with respect to the Wagner card's back).

Do you have a "problem" with this question ?

TED Z

T206 Reference