View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 04:22 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGallo View Post
Umm That would certainly be taking it to a new level and would mean they would have to draw some type of crazy line in the sand. No more grading Cobbs. I highly doubt there was any thought to it. Either someone messed up or they just don't care. the only possible reason is I doubt they do custom inserts anymore but I think this is not a unique size card.

Thanks for trying to give them an out but yea no I dont' think that's it.

James G
Oh, I wasn't giving them an out, just thinking of a possible reason they may not have graded it for you. But regardless of that reasoning, they still should have given you full disclosure and reasoning as to why not.

And what I was suggesting was by no means saying they're looking to draw some crazy line in the sand. Cards of players like Cobb generally just show him posing or playing ball, nothing wrong with that. But maybe show an image of Cobb, or any other player, hitting or otherwise abusing or demeaning a minority person, now that is an entirely different story and issue for just that particular card/image, not for any other cards/images that player may appear on/in that don't have such potentially troubling images or connotations.

Is it likely that is the main reason they didn't grade your T203 card, I agree with you it is probably not. But it doesn't mean that refusing to grade it because of its potentially offensive nature to many is not a completely illogical and implausible reason for someone to not want to grade it as well. Just throwing it out there as part of the conversation that many people may never have considered or thought off.

Just look at our culture today. Say/do/show something that gets taken even the slightest bit the wrong way, and the next thing you know you're being attacked online and over social media and being treated like a pariah, which no business I've ever heard of would ever voluntarily want.