View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 07:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hey Folks, I will reiterate......

" My research indicates that the original uncut sheet that these two cards were printed on was originally discovered in Long Island, NY (Suffolk County).
Several other T206 Wagner cards have also been discovered in this part of L.I., NY ."
However, eventually, this particular sheet ended-up (or I should say "ended-down") in Florida.

Joseph Palmer Knapp was the founder of the American Lithographic Company (circa late 19th Century). He had a Summer home in Mastic Beach, L. I.,
New York. The point I'm making here is that Mr Knapp sometime during the summer of 1909 most likely brought T206 sheets containing Wagner cards
and Plank's, and other 150-only Series cards home for his children.

What evidence do I have that there is a high likelihood that this occurred......check-out the following complete uncut sheets which I acquired (circa 40
years ago) from former employees at Zabel Brothers Printers in Philadelphia, that produced the BOWMAN cards. During my High School years, I had a
part-time job working at a Print Shop. The printers regularly took home many of their printed material.

1948 BOWMAN complete uncut sheets

1949 BOWMAN complete uncut sheets

1950 BOWMAN complete uncut sheet

1952 BOWMAN complete uncut sheet (Large card version)

Pat
Regarding this statement of yours.....
" When you look at the back information on the Plank it indicates a late addition to the set "

I don't quite get it. Please explain.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 11-18-2022 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.