View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 06:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Personally, I would think they just be "AUTH"; and probably sell for more than a 1 or a 2 or a 3 because they are very nice looking copies. A sheet has great value in the sense that it can inform us on the research side of the hobby, but it is otherwise not special. A card cut down after-the-face is a card cut down after-the-fact, it's still a trim job. That doesn't ruin the card or anything, but it makes it a technical A grade.

I believe these were in A slabs originally. Not sure what happened to get them re-holdered into the more advantageous '1-10 with a note' format. EDIT: I see Peter linked to the original A slabs before this post now.

I know most people who come into this kind of material will cut them up, but it would be great if they could at least preserve for us all what it looked like before being cut for dollars.
Connections make these things happen. I agree they should be A, as they or most of them were in the link I posted, but as long as sheet cut is indicated it's reasonable I suppose.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-13-2022 at 06:25 PM.