View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 11:29 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
John -- SMH is shaking my head. Since the nonrefund was a false alarm, I still don't get why you would be upset that someone caught a problem with a card you bought, but that's just me. In any event, we'll move on.
The problem isn’t that they caught a problem with the card though, it’s that they used that to unilaterally kill a deal the seller and buyer both wanted to happen anyways. I don’t think it’s a big deal for common cards, but for another example, most everything I buy over $250 is very rare and oft obscure.

~half of my buys in this range are in worse condition than the seller states. The seller says something like “appears excellent” and it has a pinhole and is clearly fair at best. I know this, I’m buying it anyways and don’t care about the sellers hyperbole because there is a clear picture and I know what I’m doing. Often times the card will be described wrong as to what it is, because it’s an obscure boxing piece and the seller doesn’t really know what it is. A lot of us don’t want eBay’s partners to unilaterally with no input from and against the express wishes of buyers, killing deals over a triviality. I don’t care what grade the seller who is not necessarily a card person described, or what they called the card. I might not see another for 2, 5, 10 years or even ever. It’s going to suck when CSG inevitably kills one of my deals like this. I’ve had good luck thus far pushing transactions off eBay (which I used to never do) to dodge it and the dice roll that they will or will not block me from taking possession of ‘my’ card.