View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 09:52 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Gentleman. the collective wisdom of the board has assisted in getting this mess sorted out. This morning I received an Email from Greg saying, referencing the Board's exchange on the matter(there you go), I have been refunded the full purchase price for my Spahn.
In my mind, 2 issues remain:
1. The work flows involved when a raw card is rejected for authenticity. I still don't know who deemed it unworthy of a nrmt grade. If Ebay really believes in this thing they must clarify exactly how it works.
2. I have normally had no problem with GM grading until this frustrating matter. If more of there cards are being rejected because of Greg's grading, then they have a real problem.
Thanks to all the board members who chimed in on this; it certainly spurred Greg into action. John
A brace of general observations, based on my experience with the eBay authenticity program:

1) If an item is rejected, the refund process is automatic. The seller doesn't have to do anything, and you don't have to do anything as the buyer. It's always nice when the seller contacts you to chat about it, but in terms of getting your cash back, the seller has no control over that process. So there was really never any risk that you would be SOL. Either you get the goods or you get a refund, period, full stop. It might take a couple of days until it all gets sorted, but hopefully the seemingly interminable waiting doesn't constitute a terrible inconvenience.

2) In one case, I had the authenticator contact me to alert me to their findings, and ask me how I want to proceed. In that situation involving a slabbed item, the slab had come apart. The authenticator sent me pictures so that I could take a look and decide for myself. I had the option to proceed and accept the item, or I could choose to reject it for a full refund. That may have been a unique situation, but I'm more than a little intrigued that the authenticator didn't give you the option of proceeding in spite of their findings.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel