View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 10:34 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
If you look on the back of the card, the corners are even worse. Top right corner of the back looks like it might have some paper loss. CSG almost certainly rejected this one because of it being listed as NR-MINT.

Also, GregMorris has been having some grading issues as of late. I buy a ton of cards from them every week, and over the past couple weeks I've gotten numerous cards with creases or wrinkles that were not disclosed, as well as some 1986 Fleer basketball cards that were clearly trimmed and even one that was recolored (and not difficult to find with the card in hand). Something is going on at GM, because I never used to get stuff like this from them. I also noticed they put out an advertisement on social media that they are looking to hire a grader... So hopefully things turn back around for them in the near future.
I’m pretty sure you are right, my confusion was because the OP said it was rejected for “authenticity”. It’s clearly authentic, but also clearly a false grade. I have no faith in the graders and their appeals to authority, but I’d be pretty surprised if they are this bad at authentication.

I buy a fair amount from Morris. I have a 65 Jim Otto sitting here he described as VG-VG/EX but looks NRMT in hand and I can’t find what’s wrong. I’ve also gotten a few that are wildly over graded, which is why I use the scans and ignore what sellers state to me is the condition. Morris delivers what I buy, scans well, and has good combined shipping. Amid all the cards he sells for double what they cost from other sellers, a fair number of the weekly listings go for regularp prices, and with combined shipping stack pretty well for large orders.