View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 01:01 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I mean obviously this exact card is a 1 in any real system. I never contradicted that at all. The recent posts have been giving reasons to or not to grade cards one doesn't immediately plan to sell. I never said this card might be a 2 in 10-15 years... The market shifts with new slabs and new companies. In 15 years if AI grading is the rage, people won't want PSA. Obviously this card is a 1. Set registries and people wanting the current thing will have the same impact; if people have moved away from PSA and into AI, then they won't want PSA eye graded slabs. Others even want the current gen slab regardless of the number. A slab is not a card, it is following the herd to whatever the hot thing of the moment is. That hot thing probably won't be the same in the future. Thus it is a waste of cash to pay to grade twice if one is not selling in the next few years.
Do you feel like the market places a premium on newer slabs simply because they are newer/shinier?

Or is it because there is a perception that older slabs have less stringent grading?

Or maybe both?!

In this specific case, if the reason for the difference is due to changing grading standards, then maybe there wouldn’t be a difference, simply because this is a 1/auth either way.

Naturally, if it’s a situation where a shiny new case is more valuable simply because it’s new and shiny, and you’re decades away from selling, then waiting makes total sense.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel