View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 12:46 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Unless I’m totally off my rocker, a card with writing, a stamp, and a postmark on it like this is probably going to grade as authentic or 1. Unless the grading standards change between now and then, I suspect that a different grading system isn’t going to result in much of a difference that way.

If we were talking about a different piece with a potential for a higher grade, then I totally agree.

I suppose there’s still always the possibility that you raise that the most valuable case today might change over the next 15-20 years or more, so that might be reason enough to wait just to see where the market goes.
I mean obviously this exact card is a 1 in any real system. I never contradicted that at all. The recent posts have been giving reasons to or not to grade cards one doesn't immediately plan to sell. I never said this card might be a 2 in 10-15 years... The market shifts with new slabs and new companies. In 15 years if AI grading is the rage, people won't want PSA. Obviously this card is a 1. Set registries and people wanting the current thing will have the same impact; if people have moved away from PSA and into AI, then they won't want PSA eye graded slabs. Others even want the current gen slab regardless of the number. A slab is not a card, it is following the herd to whatever the hot thing of the moment is. That hot thing probably won't be the same in the future. Thus it is a waste of cash to pay to grade twice if one is not selling in the next few years.