View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 12:39 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Another reason not to grade, if one is not planning to sell in the short term, is that you may need to regrade later to get your profit. There is a price differential for older graded cards already, and it is a very real possibility the market changes significantly in the next few years. With CSG rising, the almost inevitability of AI based grading removing the viewer from the occasion, if you're selling in 10-15+ years that PSA slab you have right now may not be the slab you or your heirs will want to sell it in. You might need to crack and submit to someone else or an AI service, or send back in and pay a fee to get it into a modern holder (though the serial would still give it away it's an older grade with different standards).
Unless I’m totally off my rocker, a card with writing, a stamp, and a postmark on it like this is probably going to grade as authentic or 1. Unless the grading standards change between now and then, I suspect that a different grading system isn’t going to result in much of a difference that way.

If we were talking about a different piece with a potential for a higher grade, then I totally agree.

I suppose there’s still always the possibility that you raise that the most valuable case today might change over the next 15-20 years or more, so that might be reason enough to wait just to see where the market goes.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 10-29-2022 at 12:42 PM.