View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 02:10 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Something no one really talked about much, is the fact that a very high value card is in a CSG holder. I suspect they will gain market share over time. I have a submission for them and just need to get to the post office. This week...

Fantastic point Leon. I immediately noticed that and thought the same thing you did.

As for it necessarily being a smart (or ballsy) move, great question. I guess the biggest potential loss would be from selling it now, and realizing a lower sales prices than if it had been left in a PSA holder. Of course, someone could pay to also have the card re-graded and holdered by PSA again, in which case you're out the grading fees. There's also the risk that PSA would lower the grade from where they previously had it as well. Hearing that this Mantle card crossed from a PSA 7.5 holder certainly impacts the decision of this move. What I'm really curious to know is the motivation behind why someone would decide to make that TPG switch now in this current economy and market. I'm assuming the owner is/was not looking to flip and sell this Mantle card now, unless they were hoping to get a much higher grade, like at least a 9 or better, on the crossover.