View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 06:15 PM
James M.

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. Always nice seeing stories like this.

My Dad, for getting me started first and foremost. Mostly Junk Wax and Modern Stuff at the time, then eventually into vintage. Telling me stories about who put what cards in their Bike Spokes growing up. Taking me to shows early on, starting off a very small vintage collection. Centered around Mickey Mantle, Carl Yazstremski, Willie Mays, guys he grew up seeing. Baseball is what connects us, I think I took appreciation of the hobby a little bit further than him because I'm a big history buff but he got me started.

This entire forum has been a positive impact on my collection, I've had some great interactions and transactions with all different people on here. I'm looking forward to making more, I guess you can say it's a positive impact on my collection but a negative impact on my wallet!

Specifically dealers, I would probably have to say George Mollyn and Ted Zanidakas. Ted I don't believe I purchased anything from you in the past, but you've been very helpful to me, never hesitating to answer an email. Ted also confirmed the fact that It was George I purchased from many years ago. George was very kind to a young kid and had no problem explaining the ins and outs of the cards I was asking about. I remember that interaction fondly.

I've seen some of the good things and bad things about this hobby, I can safely say though I've spoken to and met some great people. I'm looking forward to collecting for a long time, and hopefully passing it along to my children when I settle down.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.