View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:08 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Yes, I found that many of the dealers purposely did not take out their expensive cards at the National so as not to sell them. I mean it's not like they were going to a once a year event which was centered around four and a half days of selling cards.

Yes I agree 100%. Most of the good stuff I found came from the shoebox in the closet type deal. I had to just about talk the shirt off a guy for one of my buddies card but he save a boat load of $$$$ just because I asked about a list of cards. Handed him a list, asked if he had anything on there. He spotted something from the look on his face and then said well I dont think I have anything for you from this list. I asked what he spotted on the list and to let me atleast see the cards. Out came a small box and within 30 min I secured a card from a very needed set for him. Called him up, he came back and got the card and knocked the biggest card from his list for about $650 less than the others in the show. Everybody was happy.

I am glad that I was Lucky enough to attend this year. I am glad that I was able to find some great stuff also for the guys not able to be here and got some amazing deals. They were there but you had to ask and be stubborn in negotiations to get cards at market $$$.

I will be posting pics on monday when I get back. Have a great weekend and safe returns guys.