View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Tim

Ted - I have a couple of points to make about your last post and I will separate them to try and avoid any confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
If we assume that your list is a valid representation of the RED CROSS set....it is still missing 4 subjects.
American Lithographic printed and issued 96 subjects for the RED CROSS set.
I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe that the checklist for the Red Cross set would be complete at 96 subjects. According to the back of the cards the set was "100 Designs." There is no proof yet that all 100 were or were not printed, but with several previously unknown subjects being discovered in recent years, more are certainly a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Given the "PIRATE" set list, any 4 of the following subjects should fill out your list of 92 subjects to bring us to a total of
96 subjects in the RED CROSS set........
In this quote you're drawing conclusions about the Red Cross set based on information we know about the Pirate set. Due to the many differences in the sets and how I think they were printed, I wouldn't assume that one checklist would have anything to do with the other.

Lastly, like the Red Cross set, new confirmations of Pirate cards have been discovered in the not-so-distant past. So for now we can't be certain that the Pirate checklist is complete at 96 or 97.