View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Tom Boblitt

I've picked up some lots of 1960, 1961 and 1968 Topps this year and decided to finish out the sets. Needing anywhere from 10-30% of the cards in each set mostly in EX or better, I found most of them on ebay and finished the rest up at the national this year. In doing so, like a lot of other people, I saw Deans cards frequently. There was ALWAYS someone with similarly conditioned cards for 1/2 or less the cost of Deans cards. Everyone has a model they work on on ebay, but 80 cards sold out of 80K in a month isn't one that will net you a lot of money.....maybe they're trying to drive people to their website. I don't have specific experience with them but I would be equally mad that they took advantage of my wife and I'd see it the same way. I have dealt with some great people who have fantastic customer service in finishing these sets off including:

Joesvintagesportscardsii
Mantlerules
Battersbox

And a bunch of others for singles here and there. The above three have great photos, fair prices, healthy inventory and ship lightning quick. I'm not associated with any of them in any way but good people should get a note too. The best thing about Deans is that I can usually tell from the prices and quickly go past them. I don't begrudge them for charging whatever for their cards, I just don't buy anything from them.

Last edited by autograf; 09-22-2013 at 06:48 AM.