View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:59 PM

Hi all,

Back on this thread for an exciting post.

I decided to pass on the card I originally posted about after concerns with the seller when they weren't willing to answer all of my questions, despite telling all prospective buyers to do so. As well as the expensive price, not being able to have it in hand and no opportunity to return this if I was told it was not authentic or had it graded as such.

I had started doing research and found various Titanic historians and enthusiasts with large collections spanning many years. I was aiming for expertise regarding the original card but found a few individuals who had examples of the card in question. One such person was Kevin Saucier. Kevin has one of the most primere and largest collection of these Olympic / Titanic cards anywhere in the world. He pulled a few examples from his collection including this graded one. Although the condition is a bit worn and creased, it is still a very recognizable card which I was able to get at half the price. The card is an incredible link to the Titanic before that fateful day in April 1912.

Success.

Stay safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (10.2 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 0-1.jpg (10.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 0-2.jpg (9.5 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 0-3.jpg (10.6 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by AstroJake09; 08-09-2020 at 02:00 PM.