View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
What is this no dot variation of Wade Boggs? I need to know what it is I am rummaging for.

I have an unopened 1989 Fleer Cello Box I bought years ago, two of them actually. I opened one for the Ripken errors. Both boxes were advertised as error cellos. And they were. I never paid any attention to the RJ's when I opened them and have no idea now as to what version I had pulled from the box.

Does anyone have any mfg dates that they are aware of for the RJ Errors? The code on the box I have is 8611-A, not sure if that helps anyone, but there it is.
That code isn't relevant to anything - the "code" that people reference is the code on the case that the boxes come from. Without knowing that, it is impossible to know if it is an error box or not...well, not completely impossible. There is something that can tell you if the chance is 0% or higher than that.

As far as the cello boxes - these were made later in the production run, so the number of errors that are found in cello boxes isn't near what they are in wax boxes. Racks & cellos did produce a few different versions of the RJ/Marlboro card, but not nearly as many as the wax.