View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 10:40 AM
Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statfreak101 View Post
Dylan, I believe I have. But I am keeping that information off the public forum...so if you want to chat more, get a hold of me.

Personally, I have owned multiple 8326 cases (both sealed & unsealed) and ripped a ton of that run...it is very similar to the other case runs where the Johnson version varies. Pretty crazy, and I still have some FASC boxes of these in my possession.

You just have to think there are more than 3 of these out there - just by chance. How they are out there, it is anyone's guess. Whether they are still sitting in unopened packs, or someone has one in their collection that they aren't even aware of, or in hand collated set...who knows. But I am 100% certain there are more out there.

My hope is that with the finding of this latest one, it would possibly bring a couple more out in the wild. We will see!
Absolutely understandable.

I do also think there is almost zero chance that Fleer pressed and packed out just 10s of these. The rate in which the cards are printed and processed is very quick and a hundred or so would be a more accurate estimate if caught "immediately" by Fleer. Given the fact that sealed cases have been turning up and the vast number of hand collated sets from 1989 to now sitting in attics, closets, storage, etc, I think we will see more of them. Even is 100-200 copies exist, that is a microscopic supply against the entire production run.

Also, I'll say that my primary interest in the card is eventually locking down which correction attempts were produced for the shortest period of time. There have to be a few that only ran for a shift or day, max.

Oddball, promos and variations:http://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr