View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 02:30 PM

Default New York -Almendares 1911

On November 26, 1911, in a match between New York and Almendares corresponding to the American series at Almendares Park, the Almendares team won 6 x 2, manager McGraw was worried about losing the match, but his team achieved fill the bases and immediately changed his mood, but in a very good play the cacther Strike González put out the 3rd player, and at that moment the fight began, McGraw yelling and offending Strike went to homeplate, and Strike although not He understood the screaming of the manager, he realized that he was offending him and between the two they shouted at each other and when the blows were about to begin the players of both teams managed to separate them so that the blood did not reach the river, the catcher between several people they took him away from McGraw and he continued to offend, and demanded that Strike be expelled from the game, and if they did not do so he would not continue the game, it was a great discussion that lasted about an hour and the public took to the field and the p Olicia trying to put order, so that there were no more problems, the Almendares manager replaced Strike, but the NY team did not make runs in that inning and lost, the Almendares picher was Bombin Pedroso, during the fight Chisty Mathewson and others from the players helped to calm the spirits. Now you will see an image in which we see McGraw saying to Rafael Almeida "he yelled at me ... he yelled at me" look at the photo on the far right McGraw with his right hand pointing to the previous comment, the other photo is Strike with a group of people who took him away from the fight and he is observing what happens. This story continues and I have several more images, if you want and are interested, let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Almeida y McGraw.jpg (77.3 KB, 512 views)
File Type: jpg Strike Gonzalez observando los acontecimientos.jpg (44.9 KB, 522 views)