View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:22 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

The above Jordan grades provide some interesting information off the bat, if you squint hard enough...

To my eyes, and yes just via this teeny tiny image, top border and right border appear larger than lower and left borders. Maybe as much as 55/45 each.

9.5 grade on centering, so I'm guessing one can expect tolerances for centering at least as big as the ones on display...

Interesting, because that's one of the few measureables I've always thought easiest to calibrate and universally agree upon.
Obvous centering issues big enough to hurt eye appeal getting a gem mint grade has always really bothered me, and I'd prefer the ultimate grades being held back for cards that were exactly that in every examination. No matter the vagaries of the issue and common cutting problems, that's the glory of an item labeled gem mint. A perfect looking card, both to the eye and upon closer examination.

Flip is rubbish too for mine, waaaaaaaaay to big and obvious the company didn't care too much for responses on this site to an early rendition of the holder to drive their thinking.

Last edited by 68Hawk; 11-23-2020 at 04:24 PM.