View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 04:11 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
In the last few years, some big names have gotten a lot of attention among prospectors and flippers. Here they are with the year of their official RCs. Pure guesswork still, but any ranking as to how they will end up?

2017 Judge
2018 Soto
Acuna
Ohtani
2019 Vlad Jr.
Tatis
2020 Yordan
2021 or 2022 depending on definition Wander
I think Soto will end up being the best from this group. I'm not sure how much you buy into advanced metrics, but this past season, he had a "down" year and still compiled close to 6 WAR. Still managed to lead the league in walks and had over a .400 OBP. His ability to get on base is elite.

Acuna has displayed durability issues. He's only ever played a full season once. I think the talent is there, but he needs to prove that he can stay healthy.

Ohtani is a marvel. He's the most talented of this group. I think that's a fair assumption since he's shown the ability to be an elite hitter and an elite pitcher. My main question with him is how long he is able to do both, at a high level. He's already entering his age 28 season. Certainly exciting to watch. Age is something that Judge is also fighting against, and I do not think he will ever produce a season like he did, this year, ever again.

Yordan and Vlad are both incredible hitters, with their best seasons to come at the plate. I think both of them run into the issue that they don't play the field well and thus have to make up for it with their bat. I'm interested to see how Yordan's knees hold up as he's already experienced issues with them and he's still very young.

We'll get a good grasp of what Wander is capable of, heading into year three, assuming he is able to put together a fully healthy campaign.

Tatis I will decline to answer. He got popped for PED's. He could hit 600 Home Runs and still find himself not being elected to the Hall of Fame.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.