View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
It's super scary for the small auctions out there. I can't NOT have auctions, and my live auctions are shut down for the foreseeable future. I don't have a lot of options, I can't collect unemployment. Legally I don't have to, but I am going back to each consignor to make sure they are still OK with going ahead and have only lost one so far. With a full slate of online auctions AND having to move my live auctions online I am really concerned with the survival of my company. This is extra frustrating because I was just getting to the point where I was getting ahead, better consignments were coming in, people were scheduling appointments to meet at shows, which are also canceled, and obviously our customer base was growing each sale. How do we get through this? Your guess is as good as mine.
Scott, you can keep the proceeds from my consignment (D359 Rochester Balijg, Cy Morgan, SGC 2). Consider it a show of support. I know it won’t solve any issues, but it may help a tad. I would rather may favorite auction houses stay open then me get a few hundred $$. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, pick a charity and donate the money in the auction house’s name (maybe you get some advertising benefit).