View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 06:23 PM
Rick J.

Default 1914 Cracker Jack SP #93 Del Pratt

I hate trimmed cards, but once in awhile you just have to compromise. I have a neighbor that has tons of vintage stuff. I was looking to buy some pre-war stuff from him and asked if he had any 1914 or 1915 Cracker Jack cards. He pulled a low grade 1915 Chief Bender that was trimmed, but I grabbed it because I like Bender and already had the more uncommon 1914 Cracker Jack Bender as an SGC 2. I asked if he had any more and he said "sure, but they are all trimmed" I went back a few day later after he had "pulled" the cards. He had three 1914 Cracker Jacks and about thirty of so 1915 Cracker Jacks. Unfortunately every one of the cards had trimmed the white off of the cards, but at least had retained the white bottom of the card with the players names. I picked up 5 cards (one common 1914 and 4 1915's including Grover Cleveland Alexander and Ray Schalk.
As we looked through his 3 1914's one of them turned out to be SP #93 Del Pratt. I didn't buy the Pratt as we both had to do some homework before trying to make a deal on this card. I want to show you the 5 cards I did purchase and get your thoughts on what a SP like Pratt from 1914 that is clearly severely trimmed might still be worth. His guide was like 5 years old and it showed a VG (which this is not) listed at something like $14,000. He sold me the 5 other cards that i bought for a total of $210. Here is what I bought and the approximate condition of what the 1914 Pratt would be like.

What might be a possible fair offer on the Pratt? Any thoughts?

Rick J
Minnesota
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Cracker Jack cards.jpeg (77.2 KB, 1168 views)

Last edited by ricktopps; 10-03-2022 at 06:25 PM. Reason: incomplete post