View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 09:33 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch-Hitter View Post
Nice work Andy. I haven’t seen a white paper example with the slogan; only on brown paper. Anybody else know of one? I don’t think all the sheets had the slogan is what I’m getting at. Haven’t found my notes but will have more time to look this weekend.

And to clarify, I’m only talking about the -1-1 cards.
Thanks Greg although the more in depth research on this was done by Matthew Glidden (Spike on the board I believe) for his blog https://www.number5typecollection.co...-american.html. I always felt the sheets had the slogan to separate the different Baseball/Boxing/Presidents sets and would have been on every sheet regardless of series. That's just what I always thought. I could be wrong of course as I've never seen a full sheet (or even a partial sheet with 2 or more uncut rows). I have a full 10 card set of the W563 Presidents on an uncut strip (I can post an image later if anyone is interested) but it does not contain the slogan. It is however miscut to where the card captions are at the top of the cards instead of the bottom. And I've seen uncut boxing strips as well. Don't have any images of those however.

Really enjoying this thread.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here

Last edited by CobbSpikedMe; 02-11-2022 at 10:10 AM.