View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:49 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

According to my watch 5.5 hours sleep last night and today I walked 15,422 steps or 7 miles. Spent $908 with $806 left for tomorrow and to get me home. Entered the show with the VIPs at 9:30 first thing thumbed through a monster box of vintage baseball exhibits and picked out about 20 hits to my shrinking list. Today I mostly bought 1940 Play Ball cards. I also picked up two of the last three 1941 Play Ball cards I needed Lefty Gomez and Bill Dickey. Then I got on a roll with 1935 National Chicle football cards and by the end of the day had added six cards to my collection. I did take a break from the action around 1pm and had lunch across the street. There didn’t seem to be as many people at the show today as there was yesterday but it was still busy. I added a hit to my 1948 Bowman basketball list #55 Max Zaslofsky leaving just two more for my set yes one of them is the Mikan RC. All in all another great day at the National. Our annual OBC Swap Session began at 7 pm and held at our hotel so that was nice and so was the pizza and wings, and a ton of cardboard was flying around the room too. Plan is to hit the show again early tomorrow for a couple hours before heading to the airport. Larry